14 May 2009

The Provident Projects

So for the last few weeks I have had several projects that have been very light on the budget. Free actually. It has been fun to experiment and reuse old things to make something new.

A t-shirt at J.Crew inspired my first project. I cut some flower shapes out of an old tank top, and tacked a bunch of different sizes together.


I have been adding them to a variety of items. You can probably follow my flower trail. I may have gone a bit overboard.



This flower headband was made out of an old suede purse that I haven't used in years. I think I will get much more mileage out of this pretty little hair piece.


My friend and I found these kid-sized chairs in the alley next to the dumpster. Jon has started to sand the gunk away (they were seriously gross)!
I plan on painting one lime, one orange, one magenta, and one navy.


A quick baby gift after sewing some scraps of cute material onto some burp cloths that I never used for Edyn.


And, after reviewing my summer wardrobe, I went through my closet and found a few pair of old pants that I rarely wear and turned them into summer skirts, just like my mom used to do for me when I was younger. Such an easy project that I can hang at the park in.

8 comments:

Tin said...

These are some fun ideas. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Zappe Family said...

You are SO TALENTED girlie! Wow! You never cease to amaze me with all your skills! I love them all!

MossPosse said...

AMAZING! Yet another reason to wish that we lived close so I could join in on your fun craft days! (PS: Did you cut bangs again? That is you in the headband, isn't it?)

Liz said...

DARLING!! Free projects are the best, especially when they turn out as cute as yours did!!
Make sure your post the finished product of your great find in those cute little chairs.

Anna said...

Look at you, Miss Crafty & Creative!! Each and every project is super cute.

PS I covet that darling headband!

Jen and Mark said...

ok. you have outdone yourself again. making jeans into a skirt I wouldn't even know where to start. They are all super cute. And how cute is your martian baby? I can't believe she doesn't grab those things right off her head!

Abs said...

I'm super impressed Linds. Try as I might I couldn't muster creative skills like yours. I'm a huge fan of the tacked on flowers!

Trish&Heath said...

I love those flowers!! It seems like even I could do that (though I never would of thought that up!) and the skirt! so cute, makes me wish I could sew...