11 January 2009

Goodbye 2, Hello 3

Today is Calvin's 3rd Birthday! We had a weekend full of parties and lots and lots of fun. He may have been even more excited for his birthday than he was for Christmas. But since I have lost my camera charger, I wasn't able to take any pictures of the events,(ugghh so bummed) so while I gather some from friends, I just wanted to do a quick ode to my little yogi bear.



- Cal says the funniest, most charming things.
"Mom, I want some applesauce OK, but applesauce is a sucker, OK mom.
"Go BY-Utes, Go BY-Utes" (His chant during the BYU/Utah game. He is quite the diplomat having a mother BYU alum and a father from the U - and no, we didn't teach him to say that)

- He loves music, singing, and dancing.
Someone once said that is seems like Calvin always has music in his head because he doesn't stop groovin'. He loves to learn new songs whether it's "Follow the Propeht", Kanye West's Love Lock Down, or Death Cab he tries to sing it and learn all the words. It might be the cutest thing in the world to hear.
-Cal adores people. He picks up on names and remembers them. He begs me to take him to other people's houses and cries when it's time to go.

-He is loving and kind and has the most incredible, infectious laugh ever. It takes some work to get him laughing but wow, watch out, it's so funny.

- He is a good example to our family without even realizing it. He is the first to notice if we forget to pray. His second favorite movie is "The Restoration" which we seem to watch daily, he loves FHE and learning the names of the Prophets and Apostles.

It's good for me to remember all of the things that I love about this boy. Being two is enough to drive me crazy some days, but I truly love him to bits and can't imagine any day without my best litte buddy by my side trying to get me to play baseball, or sitting on the counter while I bake, giving me lots of squeezes and wanting me to kiss everything that gets bonked. Happy Birthday, baby boy. I love you soooooooo much!

Some of Calvin's very favorite people in the world - Shane, Kristin, and Makaila came over for his Birthday dinner and cake. All he wanted was a basketball cake with Micheal Jordan on top. I tried my best, but the frosting was a bit too runny. My dilema always seems to be yucky frosting that decorates well, or a yummy kind that doesn't do quite what it's suppose to. (Does anyone have the perfect recipe for both?)


2 comments:

Beth said...

Happy birthday to Calvin! He is so cute, and maybe it's just that he's on his best behavior around me, he's one of the most polite, kind kids I've met. That "but applesauce is a sucker" comment had me laughing out loud! Hilarious.

Tin said...

I thought it was a great party, and was honored you would think of us. Hopefully Cal will always want us around. Love Ya.