I love this little bundle to bits. The moment that she was born I was smitten. For the first 6 months of her life she was the most content and pleasant being I had ever known. She would smile at a frown, swallow her own spit-up, poop once a week, and snuggle as long as I had the time. We called her Camelot, because we didn't think it could get any better.

The older she got, she became more opinionated. She started testing out her crying skills to get what she needed. She figured out how to squeal when Calvin stole a toy, and throw her food when she didn't get something sweet to eat (she has a sweet tooth larger than mine - yikes). She is a little more feisty than she once was, but we are still, just as in love as we were one year ago. We love you little EdyPie. Can't wait to see, just how lovely you become.

My incredibly talented mother made this pettiskirt for Edy. I can't get enough of my baby in this fluff (as evidenced by the many photos I'm about to post).


"All I want for my birthday is world peace"

"Loving my big belly"

On her birthday we had a "I've FALLin' for Edyn" party in the park. We ordered pizza and ate fall themed cupcakes. All the adults took an Edy quiz and the winner took home a fall prize. (Way to go Mindy, Edy should love you the most!)

I made some Apple, Owls, and Leaf Cupcakes.


Looking too cute to play in the dirt.

With her current favorite person

It's my party, and I'll cry if I want too
The next day we had another little party with the Bahr's. I decided to make her a bubble bath cake since she loves spending time in the tub. The cake is a bit of a mess - they always seem to be cuter in my mind. It looks a little like a 5th grader made it. I mentioned this to Makaila, and she said, "Yeah, but probably the most artistic 5th grader". I had to laugh.

The bottom sheetcake is covered with gum and Airheads cut to look like tiles. The tub is a loaf pan, the towel a stick of gum, the rug and the rubber duck are both Laffy Taffy.

Make a wish little girl. We love you!
Note: Jonny and I just agreed that photo captions are totally nerdy. Sorry.
7 comments:
Lindsay, You are amazing with all the cake and cupcake making! You are WAY better than an artistic 5th grader! Give yourself more credit- Edy and Cal have an awesome mom who goes to great lengths to make fun birthdays for them. What lucky kids! You are an inspiration to me!
Happy birthday, Edy! I can't believe she is one already. Where has the time gone is right; we still have hardly hung out (and I lost my phone with your cell number in it).
Anyway, she is ADORABLE (I love the skirt your mom made her) and the party looks like a hit. And I love your hat; cute!!
I thought the captions were fun; does that make me a nerd?? (Don't answer that!) :-)
I also can't believe Edy is one! We've hardly spent time with her at all... I hate living so far away :( At least we get to see a glimpse of how sweet she looks in her bright, fluffy skirt and see what super parties you are throwing over there. I LOVE the owl cupcakes and am also VERY impressed with the tub cake!
Those cupcakes and cakes are all so darling! I think my favorite are the owl cupcakes!! Edy is the cutest little birthday lady and that pink skirt is perfect for the little lady. Happy Birthday Edy! Go captions! I thought they were cute.
Ooh Happy Birthday Sweetie Edy!! I loved that I was able to celebrate it with you :) Thanks for a lovely party, Lindsay. And I must say CONGRATS on the cupcakes and the cake, I think they are all darling!! LOVE the bathtub cake!! The details are perfect.
And I must gush over how adorable Edy is in her pettiskirt! Too, too cute. A darling skirt for a darling little girl!
Edy is a super cute little girl. I also can't believe she is one. You are the cutest mom with your fun cupcakes and cute bath cake. I thought it was very creative and I loved the "tiled" floor. I was trying to figure out how you made it, so I'm glad you told us.
That skirt is sooo cute! I want your mom to make one for Anna! She looks old! What happened in 2 months? Happy Birthday to the cutest little girl!
And my domestic friend....you make my cakes look like my 1 year old made them. So Cute!
Post a Comment