09 November 2009

A Belated Boo and a Day at the Zoo

Since July, Cal has been talking about being an astronaut. He made it very clear that he really just wanted the helmet with the moving visor. I searched for awhile in stores, but finally turned to an online hat store.

Edy was this cute ladybug, that was found at Babystyle (r.i.p). I really really miss that store, especially at Halloween time. Luckily my friend Anna, got two of them last year and gave one to me. So nice!




Halloween ended up being a bit of a bummer. Jonny and Cal had gone to Idaho at the beginning of the week for a short two day trip that turned into a long seven day trip because of the huge and crazy snowstorm we got that week.


I-80 was still closed, so they went around the long way and pulled in about 8:30 p.m. on Halloween. Before Cal could even step inside I had his Halloween costume on him and we were off to go trick-or-treating to a few houses before it got too late. His little buddy Carson, was kind enough to make a second round with us.

Edy and I had still headed to Trunk or Treat. Where we found three other little ladybugs.

She had this sucker in her mouth the whole time.


Since we usually go to Boo at the Zoo and we missed it this year, we decided to go this week and the weather was perfect.







3 comments:

MossPosse said...

Cute costumes. I can't believe the SNOW!! We haven't really even hit jacket weather yet. Your zoo looks like a really great one. Glad Johnny and Cal made it back in the nick of time.

Jen and Mark said...

Way cute costumes! Funny Denver weather one day you have all that snow and the next week 75 at the zoo! Gotta love it! I am so sad too about babystyle:( You should take a trip to Utah since Jon ditched you for that long!

Anna said...

Oooh, I didn't see Calvin's astronaut costume!! He looks fantastic. And Edy was SUCH a cute little bug!! (But then she always is...) How fun that she found some other little lady friends to hang with.

And I can't talk about babystyle. It makes me too sad.

Great zoo pics. You guys are the cutest family ever.