23 November 2009

Ode to Denver

It's official. Our last night in Denver. The kids are in bed and Jon is off running last minute errands and making a few final visits and I am alone sitting on the floor in an empty room that doesn't feel like our house anymore. It makes my heart hurt. I will really, really miss my little world. It was the place our family began. Both of our babies were born at Swedish. Jonny got his first real job. And for the first time we felt like real grown-up members of our ward. I will miss almost everything about Denver and here is just a few:
-The weather. 350 sunny days a year. Big snow storms, and then warm 70 degree days in mid-winter, no scorching summer days, long spring and fall seasons.
-Craft nights. I will be creating all on my own and won't be able to steal anyone's good ideas anymore.
-Our packed routine. We always had somewhere to go and friends to see.
-My grocery store circuit, and how I knew what to buy at all 4 of them.
-Dropping the kids off at Kristin and Shane's and knowing that they were being loved to bits and pieces.
-Dinner club. Only making dinner one day a week and getting super yummy meals to last me the whole week.
-But more than anything and without question, the people. I wish you all weren't so good to us so it would be a little easier to leave. We have such great family here and have made amazing friends. It will be impossible to match. We love you all and will never forget you.

Our friends threw us a great going away party. Here are most of the playgroup, crafting, book clubbing, movie premiering, dinner going, ladies that I love.










Sunday night, the Bahr's had us over for our final Sunday dinner. We have loved having them nearby, and will feel lost without them. Our kids adore them and so do we. Our hope is they soon follow us to Chicago.








So anyway Chicago, here we come. You have lots to live up to.

7 comments:

Beth said...

Gee, if I didn't like my ward so much I'd have to move into your ward! Sounds like a blast. Your grocery store comment made me remember I hadn't told you about Aldi (miss Aldi SO much) and Trader Joe's and IKEA -- they have 'em all in Chicagoland! I know you'll make some good memories there!!

Mandagirl said...

Gosh, I feel so sad for you. I almost have a tear in my eye. I can't believe you are moving to Chicago!! I called you the day Jer told me about it. He saw that Johnny posted about it on Linked In. I really should have made a visit to Denver happen. Chicago is going to way more challenging to visit.
Boo hoo! Good luck with everything. Love you sooo much.

Jaimie said...

Thanks a lot for posting the two headed picture lol. Now I feel bad for jumping in, that would've been a cute picture of the two Jons...maybe I'll photoshop myself out :).

I feel so honored that craft night was number 2 on your list of things you will miss...ok...they weren't really in numerical order but still :)

I already miss you and I bet you are only three hours out of town but I am excited for The University Hills Girls Only Trip to Chicago 2010!

Heather C. said...

Oh Lindsay I'm so sad you're gone already!! I wish we could have seen you guys before you left :( I know Chicago will be so wonderful though and a fun new adventure for you. You always make everything happy and Im sure this move will be no exception! Good luck!

Kirbys said...

I'm so sad you guys are gone! What a friend I am-I didn't make it out to say goodbye! I am so sorry-I just love you and I will miss you so very much. Best of luck in Chicago. Thanks for being such a good friend. You are going to be missed by so many!!! Booo hoooo....

Abs said...

So, I'm such a blogging slacker. I had no idea you were moving. I just looked on mapquest and you are about 7 hours from me. It could be a fun road trip! I hope the move went well and that you are getting settled. Give me a call when you are bored or lonely and we can catch up. Love you!

Heather said...

Oh Lindsay you know how to make me cry! I have missed you terribly this last month and can't wait to see you and those beautiful kids soon! (Jon too of course) Have fun at your mama's house! Oh and Kate has lived in her mermaid tail the last two days! Thank you so much you are awesome I could of never pulled that off!