19 January 2010

The Holiday of 654 photos

Wow! So much to catch up on. After we packed up our Denver house we headed to Idaho for Thanksgiving while all of our belongings drove east to Chicago. We had such a wonderful trip home and I was happy to be able to spend lots of time with our families during our 1 month stay, while Jon traveled for three weeks training for his new job.

Thanksgiving Day was spent with the Moss family. They reserved the church so we had tons and tons of room for eating, crafting, and basketball - all which could go on at the same time.





Kempton and Cal focusing hard on their apple turkeys...


...while Edy is happy to be finding dropped gum drops and marshmallows.


Showing off the final masterpieces.


I can't think of a better place than Idaho to be for the Christmas season. I love it. So much. My mom has always made Christmas so special with lots of fun traditions. We had such a great time baking Christmas goodies, sewing Christmas projects, decorating, dipping chocolates, watching all the Christmas Lifetime specials, cutting out dozens of snowflakes, and mostly just being together.

We also made a quick trip to Utah to see some family and friends. We spent lots of time Christmas shopping but did stop at the Gateway Children's Musuem to help get out some kid energy.
Sophie and Edyn = cutest little cousins


More cute cousins. Calvin and Sommer looking adorable in their matchy outfits.


This picture makes me laugh so hard. Calvin won't let Anna escape a kiss. Girls you better watch out.


Two tiny elastics just made my baby look like a little toddler.




This kiddo couldn't have been more excited for Christmas. He was so well behaved for the month of December and couldn't stop asking how far away the big day was.


Christmas and Christmas Eve
I have always wanted to steal this little girl. Sweetest Eva with Cal and Edy and Eva in matching Christmas jams on Christmas Eve.




It wouldn't be Christmas Eve without a sweet Nativity production put on by the grandkids.


What Calvin has looked like 80% of the time since he recieved his football getup from Santa.


Christmas morning taking a break from all the excitement.


Too bad she doesn't love her own crib, as much as her dolly one.


Santa brought us the cutest labradoodle and Cal couldn't have been more excited. Ahhh, we only wish, but he sure was happy that his cousins brought little Fiona along. She is so good and so cute.


For the rest of the week we spent lots of time playing in the snow, sledding, and being pulled behind the snowmobile by Uncle favorite Kelly.


Edy trying to keep warm in Idaho's freezing temperatures with a wild animal on her head.




I always, always have such an amazing time with my sisters. Sadly, I only got a picture with Leigh, but happily I did get to see them all on our 1 month holiday.


New Year's Eve Day we headed bowling. I was super duper impressed that Kathy could bowl with little Nellie attached.


Edy chilled on the bench, but did happen to wear her shoes that kind of resemble bowling shoes.


Cal did a little jig after each turn. He is quite an impressive little bowler even getting a few strikes.


That night we headed out to the Baker house. We played lots of games, ate, shot off fireworks, blew horns and threw confetti, and stayed up way past midnight.
Everyone loving donut on a string.

Even the men.




After a wonderful month we packed up and headed on our 23 hour road trip to Chicago.



And Jonny drove the whole way with his eyes closed. Pretty amazing huh?


a little caught up, but much more to come. sorry for the sloppiness of this post. it's a little random.

7 comments:

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

Oh! Give me more! Give me more! I cant get enough of you! I miss you SOOO bad, it hurts. Okay, first off, you are a freaking TWIGGY PANTS!!!! You are SO dang skinny! EAT GIRL!!!!!! And I can't believe how I miss your two sweetums. Edyn is SO dang big! SO TALL!!! What a babe! And Cal looks as cute as ever. Lincoln AND Payton talk about Cal every day. Lincoln really wants to invite Cal to his birthday party, but is sad that he won't be able to make it. :( So sad! I LOVED the post, and can't wait for more! GIVE ME MORE!!!

Stephanie said...

I love random - keep them coming! You're the cutest family in the universe. I'm glad you had fun in Idaho. And omg - Mindy's comment is the funniest ever. But I agree you should give us more. :)

Chris said...

Finally back on the grid, Mosses! Glad to see you had some fun. Boo to Calvin's inappropriately red football gear! :)

Look forward to hearing more. Best to Jonny and to all of you.

Tin said...

Not going to say much because you know how I feel about all this!!!!

Jen and Mark said...

Looks like a crazy fun Thanksgiving and Christmas! And I agree with Mindy, whatever she called you Twiggy pants. That pick of your sis and you is so cute. First, Edy looks so stinking big and cute, and Cal is in the RIGHT color. I am glad you FINALLY posted!

Lori said...

Leigh looks amazing and better every time I see a picture of her. Good luck on your new endeavors.

Anna said...

I second Steph's comment, Mindy's comment is HILARIOUS :) I can hear the inflections in her voice as I read it!!

Glad you guys had a blast over the holidays. Hope the new house is all you hoped it would be and more. We miss you and your cute little Edy bug and Cal soo much, although someone should tell him he's rooting for the wrong team... And Edy looks so adorable in her piggies, I want to eat her.

And I third Mindy's comment, give us more Moss! :) Love ya