Over Memorial Day Weekend we headed across IL to Nauvoo. What a beautiful city that sits on the Mississippi River. It was lots of fun visiting all the little shops and homes that once belonged to the early saints. Our kiddies especially love the wagon rides, the free cookies at the bakery, watching how they made the original bricks and getting to keep one, eating at buffets, and swimming in the hotel pool. The Hughes Brothers were even in town, which we learned are a pretty hot ticket in Branson. They put on a pretty fun show.


The temple was beautiful. It was cool to learn about all the symbolism that is unique to only that temple.




Then we headed to Carthage, and went on it really nice tour.

It was such a great little weekend getaway, and our first family vacation since we have been in Chicago. I love family trips - nonstop togetherness, no tv, or internet, staying in hotels, and having lots of time to chat while driving along our way. We had a really fun time, and if anyone is heading to Nauvoo, we will totally meet you there.
8 comments:
I am so glad you got to go to Nauvoo! That was one of my favorite memories of our time in Illinois, too. Except you did some things I didn't realize you could do -- you got a brick? And free cookies?? Maybe we should go back -- it's only a day's drive from here! ;-)
P.S. Your kids just get cuter and cuter! Seriously, adorable!
I would love to go back to Nauvoo, such good memories. Maybe we will have to put it on our trip list again. Glad you had such a great time.
So jealous. I feel like somehow that is still home for Tay and I. We were there so much. Give your brick a kiss for me.
There is hope we might see each other once again....Nauvoo will be half way and hence a great meeting spot :)
oh ps I forgot to mention that we will need to get a hotel room just for us so we can set up shop and sew all night just like the good ole days
I cannot get over how beautiful Edyn is! She has grown up so much! I want to go to Nauvoo SOOOO bad! That will be a perfect excuse to get to see you! YEAH!
Where are you in all the pics? I seriously still think of Edy as a babe, she is such a toddler and so stinkin cute. And how handsome is Cal! Looks like a good time!
That looks like so much fun. Edyn has grown-up so much since Feb. I can't wait to see you guys next week.
Post a Comment