
Rex Brent Moss was born on February 14th at 4:56 a.m. I was scheduled to be induced on the 16th, so when I started having contractions on the night of the 13th, I decided to go to bed and sleep them off since I was really hoping to avoid having a Valentine baby. Around 2 am I felt like they were getting a bit more intense so we called our "night plan" couple from church. They didn't answer, so I figured I could wait for a few more hours, when it wasn't so in the middle of the night. Around 4a.m. I decided I couldn't wait anymore. There was still no answer from our friends so we loaded up Calvin and Edyn and all headed to the hospital.( and yes, I have gotten multiple scoldings from other friends about not calling them too). I got checked in and was heading up to the room. My contractions were intense, but I felt like I could always breathe through them okay. Jonny took the kids across the hall to another delivery room and turned on a show for C & E and was getting them settled. They checked me and I was at a 9. After the shock, screams to find my husband, and multiple pleas for an epidural (with no such luck), - little Rex was born 25 minutes after we pulled up. He weighed 9lbs and was 22 inches long. With this pregnancy we decided not to find out the gender -it for sure was exciting to officially hear that he was a BOY, but a bit overshadowed by the rest of the whirlwinds in the room. He came so quickly, that it caused a lot of fluid to be left in his lungs. They let me hold him for a quick moment and then whisked him away and I didn't get to see him until 6 pm that night.
He was a beautiful baby and perfect in every single way. I simply adore newborn babies. It's not only my very favorite baby stage, but the best days of my life despite being in recovery mode, so so tired, chubby and floppy, worn out, and sore; I. LOVE. IT. They have this indescribable spirit that I know I will long for when this stage of life is over for me.
Calvin and Edyn love their little brother. Mostly kissing him, rubbing his soft baby head, and pulling on his limbs. Calvin hasn't seemed to skip a beat and is his regular self. Edyn has had a bit of an adjustment period and has been more needy than usual, but loves to help with Rex in any and every possible way. Hopefully it will get better and better the longer he is around.
About the name Rex.... It was completely a Jonny pick. I never imagined having a child named Rex - it wasn't even on our short list. But in the hospital Jon got stuck on this name, and mentioned it to our baby nurse. She told him we had to name him Rex, since Rex is the King of Hearts and he was born on Valentines Day! After that it was over and suprisingly I just let him do it. I love it now though, and it fits him perfectly. He has a lot to live up to with a name like that... Rex -"the king" and Brent after his late Grandfather who was simply amazing.
4 comments:
Ah! Your babies are the most beautiful babies on the planet! I love little Rex. And non-huge-holiday babies are the best. Candy+presents is always a good thing.
He is a beautiful baby boy! I can't believe you delivered such a big boy with NO EPIDURAL!!!
Yea! I've been waiting for this post. You know it's June already. I bet Rex is so big now. What a darling little boy. Can't wait to meet him. XO
So fun to see pictures of Rex! He is perfect! We hope to see you all soon! When are you coming to Idaho?!
Post a Comment