After waking to his room full of balloons, he followed a string that was wound throughout the house and ended at his pile of presents.
This year, Cal opted out of a big party and just wanted to take a few friends to Chuckee Cheese. At first I tried to talk him out of it, but being 9 months pregnant- big and tired - I wondered what I was thinking. It worked out perfect. He loved it. He had more tokens than he knew what to do with and his bff, Avery. That is pure bliss for him. They are really cute with eachother.
When Jonny got home for work, we headed to his favorite, Noodles and Co., and then went bowling.
Jonny and I have never seen Cal so exicted and so uninhibited. His joy couldn't be contained. He danced everywhere he went and didn't even know he was doing it. I have 32 more pictures just like these.
Forget about bowling, Edyn loved "drying her hair" all night long.
And of course to go with the excitment of his bowling venture, I made him a matching cake.
Calvin at five:
Is still very sweet. He loves to snuggle and doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. One night Jonny brought home some donuts from work. They were jelly filled and Calvin stewed and stewed about telling Jon he didn't like the jelly in them.
He is smart and observes the world around him. He listens closely to what people say and remembers things that blow my mind.
He is sensitive and doesn't like attention to be drawn to him, and gets nervous if too many people are looking at him or notice him.
Very inquizative. He asks questions. Deep questions, about life and death? why people do things? how body guards, security guards, and policmen are different? how they make things? who everyone will marry? what the babies will be like in Edy's belly? etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc,????
He is a cautious little boy. Not a dare devil in the slightest. He worries about all the things that can go wrong if he does something crazy. He sticks very close to me at the pool for the fear of going under and sticks close to me a the mall for fear of getting kidnapped. I have to be very careful about what type of warnings I give him, because he usually ends up worry about it in an obsessive way.
He has a really great sense of humor. He gets the grown up jokes in little kid movies. He loves to laugh and be silly with his friends.
Has a very mature taste in music and appreciates a huge range whether it's Julie London, Kanye, Les Miserable soundtrack, Modest Mouse, or Jonny Cash. He loves to pick out instruments he hears, and wants to know what EVERYONE is singing about.
He still loves sports of all kinds. He plays basketball and baseball. Loves to go bowling and play football and golf. He is a good eater, and his favorite is still pasta. He is 48 inches tall and weighs 48lbs. He likes to play with his super heroes, draw, play on the computer, stay at home instead of going to Preschool, asks to play with friends every hour of everyday, loves to chew gum, learning to read and write, very paticular about how his clothes fit - especially his socks and his shirt sleeves. Is a great bid brother to Edyn and Rex. Still is a good sleeper - taking naps most days and many hours at night. Tries so hard to be obedient and please those around him. He is seriously awesome! There is not enough time in the day to tell all the wonderful things about our little boy. You are growing up so fast, but we love and adore who you have become. We love you to bits, little yogi bear, and are so happy that you are ours!
1 comment:
Oh how I MISS that cutest boy in the land! Seriously. I love him, and miss having him and Lincoln be friends. Let's be honest. I mostly miss YOU being MY friend, and our kids being friends was just the best bonus ever! I miss you to pieces...you know that???
Post a Comment