15 July 2008

Nusery Confusion..

So one of the most exciting things about anticipating a new baby is thinking about the nursery. I have found bits and pieces of things that I like, but am just trying to decide what direction I really want to go. The problem is there is just too many many darn cute things out there.


I think this wall decal would be so sweet in a little girl's room.
I also really, really crave this cheery, braided rug. Feminine, but not too babyish which I think is what I am going for.

And this bedding from DwellStudio could be so cute with the above.







On the other hand I fell in love with this Oopsy Daisy Ferris Wheel print, and almost want to decorate a room around it.

And thought that this bright circus inspired bedding could be so cute in the room, but possibly not girlish enough.


Hmmmm, what to do? If anyone wants to suggest some more cute things to my confusion, please do.

9 comments:

Chris said...

If you're too worried about it not looking girly enough, just try to imagine it with girly toys, girly clothes, and a sweet little girl in it. Also, you can doll it up with little things like lamps, pictures, etc. Just a thought.

Tin said...

Love the ferris wheel. But then again we can aways go shopping and just make sure we have all the girl bases loaded. I think there is always a good reason to shop.

Tin said...

I can't decide between the dwell bedding and the polka dots. They are both so cute.

Liz said...

Cute choices. I love the rug. Decorating for a little lady is so fun. You will a great job and have already found some fun pics. You should see if your mom kept anything from your room when you were a little girl....dolls, dresses, pictures, etc...

Liz said...

Cute choices. I love the rug. Decorating for a little lady is so fun. You will a great job and have already found some fun pics. You should see if your mom kept anything from your room when you were a little girl....dolls, dresses, pictures, etc...

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

Are you KIDDING ME! Polka Dots for SURE! Those are seriously to DIE for! But you know me! :)

Zappe Family said...

Okay...I didn't know you were prego!! Congrats! How far along?? Girls are a lot of fun. I love the ferris wheel pics...anything girly is very fun. :)

MossPosse said...

Hmmm... I see the dilemma! And despite being SO excited to eventually shop for girl stuff myself, I know it will be tough because there are a million more choices for girl babes than boys. I may be alone, but I think my fav is the tree decal- which could go with the braided rug but may leave you looking for new bedding. Then again, you definitely can't go wrong with any of it- LOVE!

Trish&Heath said...

I love the little tree decal! I was going to do something similar, with a pink and brown tree, and a not too baby-ish look, but then I went the total opposite direction and did butterflies and flowers and very baby. I still love the other look, but I'm glad I went baby. I don't want her to ever grow up..