21 July 2008

The Jordan Obsession

A few months ago - very, very early on a Saturday morning - Jon took Calvin to brave the line at NikeTown for the release of the lastest Air Jordans that were to be added to his collection. It wasn't long before the Jordan obsession had been passed along to the next generation.



So when last weekend Jon spotted these mini Jordans, he could not resist to let Calvin try them on. It was all downhill, or the boys would say uphill, after that. We walked out of the Nike store with the shoes on and didn't take them off for 24 hours.




He even managed to find a comfortable sleeping position while wearing them.



Jon is convinced that Cal is now running faster, jumping higher, and making more baskets, just like MJ.

10 comments:

Tin said...

And all this time I was praying it would skip a generation=)

Jen and Mark said...

Oh my gosh! That is the greatest thing I have ever seen! I love that he is in pj's and all, out with the shoes on. What a little future Jordan stud. On a side note, his hair looks so stinking cute!

Alexis said...

He looks so much like his sweet little mother in these pictures. I didn't know that Jon had a shoe fetish.

MossPosse said...

Dealing with one Jordan addict was hard enough, don't you think? I guess we're both going to have only girls from here on out! The notion that boys are cheaper doesn't apply when they discover extra expensive hobbies/collections!

Zappe Family said...

That has got to be one of the cutest posts ever! How fun is that! You gotta love the Daddy/Son obsessions! So cute!

Cronin Family said...

It's all in the shoes, I am sure Jon is right about his new found talents...

Anna said...

Love the kicks!

Liz said...

Cutest little Calvies. Lo would be very proud!!

The Rasch's said...

Hi Guys! How are you doing? Calvin is so cute. I love hime sleeping with his shoes on. Awesome. I am surprised Drew does not do that. I just wanted to say HI and tell you have a handsome boy there. Hope all is well. Tell Jon that I put your guys' name in the temple as well as his family's. Talk to you soon, Mardi

Abs said...

For some reason that really suprises my about Jon. It's funny how kids pick up things like that. I always wonder if they would be like that on their own...