15 August 2008

A Rainy Day Catch Up

Yeah for the very cool and rainy weather today (60 Degrees). It feels so perfect to me. I don't think that my body temp has been this nice since I've been prego. I finally dared to turn on my oven for a little baking today. So therapuetic for me - I didn't realize how much I had been missing it. I made something very easy and quick that Cal could help with - muffins made from a devils food cake mix with a can of pumpkin and two cups of raw shredded zucchini to replace both the eggs and oil. Pretty yummy if you are looking for a lowfat chocolatey snack.
Anyway, it's been a bit of a lazy day and I thought I would do some catching up.
About two weeks ago Calvin and I went with Kristin and Makaila on little trip to Utah to visit family and friends. Much to my dismay I forgot my camera and was so bummed. I did manage to snag a few pics from Jen's blog, Liz's blog, and my sisters email for a few days of documentation, though. (thanks guys) We had such a great time, and I loved seeing so many missed faces.

The first half of our trip we spent with my sister Adri and her family in Syracuse. It was so wonderful to just hang out and see baby Sophie for the first time. She is so beautiful and sweet and Hannah is a great big sister and such a fun cousin for Cal.


Next stop was the Mawhinney's. We have missed them tons since they left Denver and moved to SLC a few months ago. Josh and Cal get along so well. Their little personalities just mesh perfectly. They were so happy to be reunited.





We got there on Joshy's 2nd birthday. The boys had tons of fun playing in the river run at Liberty Park, and then Jen threw an awesome party later that night.






Baby Anna is so beautiful and perfect. I really would have brought her home with me if Jen wasn't looking.


At the tail end of our trip we hung out with Jon's sister Liz and her family. It was also Drew's birthday the day that we were there so we were super excited that we got to celebrate. We went to a cute little train musuem, and then had a fun party with yummy cake, cool presents, and a pinata. Drew and Sommer are so fun and sweet. There is nothing better than hanging with cousins.








A few of our other visits were with the Carver's, and my brother Lanning. Ugghhh I am so bummed I don't have some more pics. We had a great time! Thanks to you all for your wonderful hospitality.

1 comment:

Beth said...

What a sweet picture of Adrianne's little girls! I love it.

I have been meaning to call you but this whole month has been filled with family visits; my parents are still in town, actually. (I heard from Grandma, though, about your Utah trip, so I guess we were vacationing at the same time and you haven't just been sitting at home wondering why I'm such a flake!)