09 December 2008

Freezer Paper Shirts

Last week a few friends got together and made freezer paper shirts. They are really fun to make and not too difficult.



I decided to do a shoe, because if you ask Calvin what he wants from Santa he will say "Air Jordans". (Prompting from his father???? I think so, but he denies it). So anyway just in case Santa doesn't bring him real Air Jordans, he will at least have a shirt from his sister Edy.

Here is Edy, looking a little worried, wondering if Cal will like his gift from her.



Another design I did on just a boring hoody that Cal had. Kind of hard to see in the photo.

10 comments:

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

Oh Linds, those are SO cute! I wish that I could have come, but I wouldn't be here today if I had added yet another thing on my list of "Honeydo's" So we'll just have to do them some other time! The Air Jordan shirt is PERFECT! It will be his new uniform!:)

Zappe Family said...

How cute! How do you do them? Did you draw the pics too? My dear...you are a talented one!

Anna said...

Super cute shirts!

Liz said...

You will have to show me how you did those shirts. They turned out really cute!! and add a personal touch to a once blank shirt-very cool!!

Dana said...

I found your blog through Jen's - hope you don't mind. Those shirts are so cute - how did you make them? I would love to make a few for christmas. I hope you are doing great, and we should get together sometime.

Mandagirl said...

So... are you going to tell us how to make them or do we have to google it on our own?

I got your message. Thanks. I'm glad you like the shoes... I was wondering if you'd got them.

Lindsay said...

So some quick instructions for the shirts. Draw or print off a picture. Trace it onto freezer paper (to be found in the grocery store by the plastic wrap). Exacto knife out what you want to be printed onto the shirt. So if you like just the outline like my shoe and bike just cut along the traced line. If you want one solid print cut out entire image. Iron the paper onto clothing and then paint over with fabric paint. Be sure to put something underneath when you paint so it doesn't leak onto the back side of clothing. Then peel off paper and walah! Super cute shirt. Anyone is welcome to call me with questions, or even better come over to my house and we can do it together!!!

Abs said...

You are such a fun mom! I'm very impressed with your cute shirts and I love your advent calendar. I need to do more Christmasy things!

Tin said...

You need to make one for Jon with a big chocodile on it. I think he would love it.
These are really cute, you are going to have to show me how to make them.

Jen and Mark said...

SOOOO cute! I am going to try it, or next time we come to Denver we will have to be Domestic! Cal is going to LOVE his Jordan shirt