04 December 2008

Christmas ADVENTure!

Have you seen the very cute and very wide selection of advent calendars at Target?! I picked one up on the 1st of December and we have been having so much fun with it. For each day we put a treat and a festive activity to do for the day - read a Christmas story, bake some cookies for a neighbor, play in the snow, drink hot cocoa, make a Christmas craft, learn a new carol, go see lights, etc, etc...





So on Wednesday we went to Zoo Lights to fulfill our Advent Adventure. It was very chilly but the hot cocoa cup helped keep our hands warm and hopefully Edy kept warm in her little tent. We had lots and lots of fun.





I LOVE this time of year. Every single thing about it.

5 comments:

Zappe Family said...

Cute idea! We have a simple advent calendar, but that one you bought and the cute ideas are wonderful! Such cute parents you are! Enjoy!

MossPosse said...

I've always wanted to make my own advent calendar of fun ideas like that. I will definitely have to hit up Target as a starting off point. SO fun!

Anna said...

You are SO cute. Everything about you and your family: cuteness. I might have to steal your idea for next year, I love it! My family did a treat for each day counting down to Christmas, but treats and I aren't friends right now so I have just been feeling a little out of the Christmas spirit by not continuing that tradition- but voila! Here is the answer to my dilemma on my cute friend's blog- activities for each day!! You are so creative, I love it!

Liz said...

I love your cute little advent calendar. That is such a great idea to get the holiday spirit going. Hogle Zoo has Zoo lights going on this year and I think we are going to check it out....We are excited to see you guys over the Holiday!

ave said...

So did you put the papers with the adventures in the advent calendar, or were they already made for it? I would like to know because that is such a cute idea. I have recently been looking for a good advent calendar, and I want that one!