17 April 2008

Spring in San Diego!

So we just returned from San Diego after a wonderful visit with my sister Leigh. We had so much fun and it was so great to spend time with my cool sister and her cute family. Isn't she beautiful.



We were really excited that we were able to be there for Sayre's birthday. He is completely in love with trains, so Leigh made him this adorable Choo Choo cake. So cute and perfect.




We had tons fun at Sea World and the beach. Calvin was especially taken with the ocean. I thought he would be a little timid around the water, but he loved it and didn't even mind that it made his feet numb.












Calvin adores his cousin Sayre. They played so well together - chasing, and laughing at eachother. Today he is really wondering where Sayre is.



We did lots of shopping and I was so happy to be reunited with H&M after a long drought from our Maryland days. In-N-Out is always a highlight, too. Yum.






Well I think it pretty much sums up our trip. Thanks so much Leigh, for showing us an amazing time and for your generosity and company. I love you to bits and miss you already.

9 comments:

Liz said...

Lucky you. I would love to take a little vacation to somewhere warm;how fun for Calvin to go to seaworld and the beach. I can just see his cute little toes in the cold water.
That cake is darling! I am glad you guys had a fun trip. We look forward to seeing you guys soon.

Cronin Family said...

It looks like you had so much fun, and the ocean, how wonderful! I have to say that I am glad your back though...

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

Glad you had fun, but just like laura-glad that you are back! Just isn't the same without you around here!

Tin said...

Calvin looks so grown up in those pictures. He is so adorable. He looks like he already has a little tan body. I hope you had a vanilla milk shake for me at in-and-out burger. I miss that place so much. We are glad you are both back safe and sound. We can't wait to hear all about the trip.

Mandagirl said...

So fun. I wish we could have met up.

Lori said...

I think the older you bakers get the more you look like each other. Did you know that I had a cat once named Sayre...named after Andrea Sayre because she gave us the cat. Funny, huh?

Abs said...

What a fun trip!!! I was really impressed with Leigh's cake. How fun to take Cal to the ocean! It's funny how kids will keep playing to matter how cold or tired they get.

Zappe Family said...

How fun! What a great place to visit. Love San Diego! Your sister is beautiful...just as you are too! Fun, fun cake too!

ris said...

So fun to see your San Diego pics.
I'll bet Leigh loved having you.
Talk to you soon to here all about it.