15 December 2008

Christmas Festivities

We had such a fun weekend with lots of festive activities. On Friday we went to our friends annual Christmas party. They have a White Elephant gift exchange, that ranges from outrageous, funny, trash, and cute. I felt I walked away with the best gift when I won the apron that one of my friends made. Super cute!



On Saturday morning we went to "Breakfast with Santa". We were pleasantly suprised when Cal didn't scream and runaway from him. For some reason he is so scared of Santa - maybe it has to do something with him being big, bearded, and foreign. He did okay though. He wouldn't sit on his lap, but he stood by him and chatted for a bit.



Later that day we made gingerbread houses with some friends. My friend Mindy, made all the houses out of this cool mold she has. It was awesome. Jon and I didn't win, but we are gearing up for next year already.

4 comments:

Tin said...

I thought you had made that apron. It is so cute.
Cal did real well this year with Santa. That is a real good picture. Edyn doens't look like she is quite sure about the whole thing though:) She is just showing Cal how it is done!

Jen and Mark said...

That was one busy santa! Look at all your fun festivities! After looking at that gingerbread house I think I want you to design my house! So I went and saw Bolt today with my kiddies it was soo lonely move or visit! I love love love cal's hair. It is so surfer!

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

Whatever you didn't win! My vote was for you for SURE! ;)

Jennifer Groves said...

It was so good to see you at the Christmas party. I feel so out of place at those darn work parties (don't tell Erik, but I don't like them) :) I'm just so glad that you were there, it was much more enjoyable.
Cute gingerbread house! I did one this year with the kids, and I'm not sure if I will ever do one again, it was a lot harder than they say on the box.

Merry Christmas!!!!